So I just heard that Notion finally rolled out their offline mode feature that people have been asking for forever. I’ve been using Notion for my notes and project management for a while now, but the lack of offline access was always annoying when I didn’t have internet connection.
I’m curious about what other users think about this update. Has anyone tried it yet? Does it work well or are there still limitations? I’m wondering if it syncs properly when you go back online and if all the features work the same way offline.
Also interested to know if this makes Notion a better competitor against other note-taking apps that already had offline support. What are your first impressions with the new offline capabilities?
Been testing it for a week; it’s pretty solid. Basic editing and notes work fine offline, but some advanced database features get wonky when disconnected. Syncing back online has been reliable - I haven’t lost anything yet, which was my main concern. This upgrade finally puts Notion on par with apps like Obsidian and OneNote, which have had offline support for a while now. Sure, they’re late to the party, but it’s certainly an improvement.
Offline mode is nice but I stopped relying on single apps like Notion for critical stuff after getting burned by connectivity issues too many times.
I built an automated backup system instead that pulls all my Notion data regularly and syncs it everywhere. Even when Notion was online-only, I had my content available.
Now workflows automatically extract my notes, projects, and databases from Notion and push them to local files, Google Drive, and other note apps as backup. When I change something anywhere, everything syncs without me thinking about it.
The real game changer? Not depending on any single app’s offline features. You can set up automation that works regardless of what companies decide to release or break in updates.
Check out Latenode for building these bulletproof workflows: https://latenode.com
finally! ive been waiting for this too! offline mode feels smooth but i noticed a lil sync delay when back online. but man it’s def better than that frustrating “no connection” msg we used to see!
honestly thought this would never happen lol. tried it yesterday and it’s decent for basic stuff but databases still feel sluggish offline. at least i can finally edit pages on planes without that annoying connection error popping up every 5 seconds
The offline feature works pretty well for basic note-taking, but there are some quirks. Collaborative workspaces get messy when multiple people edit the same stuff offline then sync - I’ve had weird duplicate content issues. The conflict resolution isn’t nearly as smooth as Google Docs. Performance-wise, it eats up way more system resources caching everything locally. Caught me off guard on my older laptop. What nobody mentions is how this screws with shared databases - if someone updates a shared project while you’re offline, the merge process is jarring when you reconnect. Still better than no offline access, but you can tell they bolted this onto an online-first system instead of building it properly from the start.
downloaded the update last night - it’s still pretty buggy. lost my template blocks twice switching from offline to online mode, which was super annoying. really hope they fix the sync issues soon. love the concept but feels like they rushed it out.
Pretty typical rollout for a big feature - works great for some, totally broken for others. I’ve been using it for meeting notes on flights and basic text editing works fine. What caught me off guard was the storage - my workspace cache hit 2GB after just a few days offline. The auto-sync when you reconnect is actually smoother than expected, but let it finish completely before making new changes. It’s functional enough that I ditched my backup apps, which cleaned up my workflow a lot.
Notion’s offline rollout is a mess, which is exactly why I stopped relying on their native features for anything important.
I built an automated system that pulls everything from Notion and pushes it to multiple platforms in real time. Now I don’t care about their sync bugs or storage issues.
Offline? I’ve got local markdown files, Google Docs, whatever I need. When I’m back online, changes sync to Notion automatically - no dealing with their broken cache or bloated storage.
Best part: I never lose work when they break something in an update. My content stays accessible no matter what features they launch or kill.
You don’t need coding skills to build this. The automation does the work while you focus on getting stuff done instead of fighting app limitations.
Check out Latenode for creating your own automated workflows: https://latenode.com
Switched from Obsidian to try this out - the offline experience is still pretty clunky compared to truly local apps. Initial sync takes forever with large workspaces, and complex pages with embedded content get their formatting screwed up. Mobile offline is even worse - kills your battery and crashes way more often. Sure, it’s progress for Notion, but it can’t compete with apps built offline-first. You can tell the architecture wasn’t designed for offline use.